Job Description: Producer/Agent
Aim: Be the contact person between the Belgian companies, the international curators and the artistic directors of the venues where the artists will be performing. We really need someone who will accompany and represent the artists and the companies during the Fringe Festival. You will also play a key role in contributing to the promotion of the performances online. You will have to be in charge of the communication for the performances during the festival.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Accompany the artists, welcome them and build relationships within the context of the Edinburgh Festival Fringe.
- Work in collaboration with companies and artists.
- Work in collaboration with the Fringe Festival and the artistic directors of the different venues.
- Promote and support the work of artists and companies towards programmers.
- Develop good communication and strategy before and during the festival in order to maximize the presence of programmers at different performances.
- Work in collaboration with the international curators: to invite international curators to come to see the shows and do the follow-up with artists and companies.
Job Specification: Producer/agent
The role requires the individual:
- To be flexible and adaptable to the demands of curators in Edinburgh.
- To be flexible and adaptable to the demands of the Belgian artists/companies
- To have insight and a track record of understanding the performing arts landscape of the UK.
- To have insight and a track record of understanding the performing arts landscape of Belgium and especially, of Wallonia-Brussels (French-speaking part of Belgium).
- To have a proven record and knowledge of international touring.
- To have a proven record and knowledge of the Edinburgh Festival Fringe.
- To have extensive and relevant experience of strategic planning and the ability to set direction.
- To have excellent experience and proven track record of producing/making theatre.
- To have a proven record of ‘making things happen’.
- To have well-developed communication skills, to be able to build strong work relationships.
- To have proven leadership experience.
- To be an active social media user.
- Work with the Marketing office of the festival to display and implement marketing campaigns for the 4 performances in the venues.
- In-house design of adverts and social media material.
- Undertake day to day updates of the website as well as our Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts.
- Provide assistance during the performances in the venues.
- Attend meetings with Wallonia-Brussels theatre dance and the artists.
The producer should be available from May 2019 until July 2019, 2 days a week as well as during September 2019 to do the follow up work with the artists/companies.
The producer will also be present before and during the whole Fringe Festival in Edinburgh in Scotland from 26th July until 26th August and work full time during that period.
He/she will also be available to come to Brussels in Belgium to meet the artists and discover their work.
Please send your best price offer along with your curriculum vitae for the work to be done per email before 14 April 2019 to email@example.com