Job Description: press officer
We are looking for someone who is based in the UK and who has a good knowledge of the Fringe Festival.
You will make a vital contribution to the press function: you will work on promoting a programme of 4 Belgian performances within the Festival Fringe.
You will be working with a producer who will collaborate with the artists, the curators and the programmers. We need somebody who really knows how to communicate on this big performing arts market.
- Work with the Press office of the Fringe to devise and implement national press campaigns, write press releases, do follow-ups and sell stories to the media.
- Work with the press offices of 3 venues (Summerhall, Assembly Roxy, Dance Base).
- Lead on regional/ local press campaigns and secure previews/listings coverage.
- Make sure that the press is present at the previews in order to launch the communication of the performances.
- Be the first point of contact for the media.
- Work in cooperation with the artists to arrange meetings with the press in order to have exchanges and reviews on broadcast media.
- Maintain the press clippings archive.
- Excellent organisational skills including an ability to work with tight deadlines.
- A broad knowledge of the media in the UK and an ability to identify a good story and sell it to journalists.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, in person, on the telephone and in writing.
- Outstanding copywriting skills.
- Active social media user.
- Ability to relate to and communicate with a variety of audiences, including current and potential audiences, press, donors etc.
- Ability to work independently.
- A passion for the performing arts sector and for developing audiences.
- Work at evening performances as required.
The press agent should be available from the beginning of June to mid-August 2019, 3 days a week!
Please send your best price offer along with your curriculum vitae for the work to be done per email before 14 April 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org